Thankfully your birthday was right at the beginning of Covid-19. It was not even named covid at that point. So we had a great celebration, even though it was small and at home. You had a great time and that's what matters! We've printed some new pictures from your birthday and put them up above the sofa. You like to say "So many daddas!" To indicate how many pictures of daddy there are. ðð
You've finally started to understand how to count instead of randomly counting which ever fiber you feel like counting 3 times and generalise the rest to reach the number 5. Lol! So you actually counted how many pictures of daddy are on the wall while Vivek held you in his arms. You were there when I put up the pictures, and you were so excited! You wanted to help. So I asked you to peel off the sticker on the back of each frame - the one with the bar code. But of course, stickers don't just work that way to you. You have to put them back too. On to the frame before it goes up on the wall. ðĪŠ
Thanks to covid-19 we've been home most of this month. Tots and Teddies is closed too. So you're home and doing Home Based Learning (HBL). Of course for a Play Group, HBL essentially means that during the 30 mins Zoom session, half the kids are crying and the other half are running around. You're usually in the second category. Aunty Thwe Thwe cannot get you to sit down. ðĪĶ♀️ Your craft projects have taken over the living room wall because you're making two a day! ð
Mumma has had a couple of very busy weeks and had to close the door to the guest room- converted to mumma's study and stay in there. Whenever I would come out, you would ask me to pick you up and not let go. I wouldn't want to put you down either, because I was missing you too. But I would need to distract you and go back in. You learnt very quickly and only cried the first few times. After that you knew mumma is busy but that she'll come out eventually to hug you.
I've taught you to say mumma godi le lo because I was fed up with the buh buh you keep saying. And you say it so well thay mumma melts at every "mumma godi le lo" and you always get picked up!
Last to last weekend, I finally managed to do a book rotation for you. So more than half your books were put away where you can't reach them. And with much fewer books on the shelves, you're reading more. So very soon after this was done, you oaks it your Hindi varnmala book and brought it to me asking about it. So I showed you a YouTube video (just me trying to say the alphabets didn't seem to work ð) which sings the alphabets and a word that starts with each. You're hooked! It's been about 1.5 weeks ever since and you already know your vowels and a part of the consonants. I'm such a proud mommy right now!
I'm going to find a Tamil book for you too. You're loving your Tamil rhymes. You know a lot of the animal names in Tamil and they now feature in the stories we tell you at bed time. Like it's no longer Diya's giraffe, it's Diya's ocanzi because you cannot say Ottaka-chirangi! To be fair, a lot of the adults can't either, so you're all good! When I try to correct your pronunciation you call it okka-chengi! ððð You can say vari-kudirai for zebra and singham for lion.
Your English is getting so good, so fast. In every situation, when I know you're looking for the right words, I tell you, this is how you say it and you'll repeat once or twice. But the main thing is that you've understood. So later when there's something similar you'll remember the words and use them in the right context. I'm still amazed each time you do this, but I think I need to learn to accept my little girl learns super fast. ð The downside to this is that you're now giving us clear instructions on what to do. Mumma stand up over here on the floor (complete with patting that part of the floor)! Mumma come here (with exasperation because I didn't do it the instant I was told)! Daddy stand up(because Diya wants to sit at his table, while he's in the middle of work)! Mumma no talking on the phone (because she wants me to play with her). ð
I painted colourful beads to match your Grimms rainbow and you loved them! You love stringing beads so much. So I'm going to colour a whole bunch of things for you. The wooden spools and balls and ice cream sticks and acorns that I've done so far are a big hit. You keep going to them for colour matching again and again. I'm very inspired to do some DIY with peg dolls too, so that's next. I'll paint the whole family so you know who is in our immediate family too. :)
Your sleep patterns aren't getting better and you've driven us extraordinarily crazy a few days in a row this month. To the extent that mumma flew into a few white rages and daddy was very frustrated because now you won't let him hug you in the night so he can't even help. You slept on mumma's tummy every night for the first 6 weeks since the work from home started, before the circuit breaker. It got so bad that I got a physical aversion to you coming close to my torso even in the day time. I would get inexplicably angry and I couldn't understand it. So after giving it a thought I decided I couldn't let you sleep on my tummy anymore. I told you in the afternoon "mumma's tummy ow ow. Please hug mumma but don't sleep on her tummy." That night you wouldn't go to sleep because to you mumma's tummy is comfort and sleep. So I let you tire out and you finally slept at 10.30 hugging my hand. The next few nights were hard. You didn't sleep well at all. But I kept repeating until you remembered even in your sleep that yout can't sleep on my tummy. Now you don't need to sleep on my tummy any more. You just need to hold on to my hand with both of yours when you sleep next to me. I let you fall asleep on my tummy now that you know not to sleep on it through the night.
I love that I can reason with you now. The other night I tried to put you to sleep for an hour. But you wouldn't settle down. I only had a few hours to sleep because I had a big presentation the next day. So I lost it after an hour. Daddy came in but he wan't allowed to hold you for too long. So I reasoned with you, I said mumma is sorry that she got angry. Then I explained why. Mumma is angry because she's very very tired and needs to sleep. You understood. I asked, will you hug mumma and go to sleep together. You agreed. You hugged me and both of us slept. ð I'm sorry if I expect too much understanding from you at such a young age. You're a wonderful child. I love you!
Daddy has found a hack to get you to sleep. We're not very proud of it but it gets you to sleep in record time so we use it. You're scared of thunder and it's been raining a fair bit recently, so you hear it often enough. You call it Ms Thunder. So daddy will tell you Miss Thunder is coming close your eyes and put your head on daddy's shoulder. You listen and since you're actually tired, 5 mins of closed eyes will be enough for you to fall asleep. But some days you're so scared that we can see you're really worried even before we say anything. We calm you down and tell you we're gonna protect you. Then you hug one of us and fall asleep. ð
You now know how to give proper kissies. So when you're in a good mood, you'll reward us with the most amazing little kissies! Last night before your bath, mumma was trying to explain to you why she has so many moles on her body - which you think are purely there for you to dig out! So I told you how you were a tiny baby inside my tummy (and then the moles showed up) and then you grew bigger and bigger and then you came out. And daddy was so happy when he finally saw you and gave you a big hug and big kiss. You went running to look for daddy - who was eating dinner - and planted a big kiss on him. ðð
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.