A couple of days after I wrote about breastfeeding you bit me so hard in your sleep that we decided to stop direct latching altogether. Now I cannot tell you how much I miss hugging you till you fall asleep. I have to do the run-of-the-mill rock you to sleep thing. And I don't get to see you hug mumma's boo-boo to sleep.
Not to mention pumping is super hard and not getting good results. I brought it up to 200 to 250 ml a day of pump output and then last week I got mastitis! Who knew that was possible with the super low supply I have. I wouldn't even have guessed if it wasn't for the shivers and high fever. Maybe it was because I decided I'll pump once in 6 hours instead of every 4 to economize on time. The output remains the same in both cases anyways.
And now as I'm getting almost alright after this stupid illness my supply has dropped even lower than before. I think I won't even make it to the one year mark. :'(
Now all I can do is look at the few pics I have of you being super duper adorable cutie pie drinking mumma's mikkoo!
And of course most of the time you would fall asleep just holding mumma!
And as you got a bit bigger you would put your tiny feet up on the headboard like a real laatsaab! :D
And at other times you just got demanding - girebaan pe haath daal kar dhamkaane style! ;)
So then you had to be swaddled before you got your mikkoo mikkoo! :)
But you always drank slowly slowly and stopped for some time, then remembered you're supposed to be eating so continued! Especially with a little bit of prodding sometimes. :) In the beginning few weeks, you only ate when prodded. Rest of the time you slept, until of course I unlatched and then you proceeded to be wide awake!
And of course, as you grew bigger you started to multi-task i.e. your favorite activity of the week would be done while drinking mikkoo! Here you are trying to bring your feet to your mouth. :P
Not to mention pumping is super hard and not getting good results. I brought it up to 200 to 250 ml a day of pump output and then last week I got mastitis! Who knew that was possible with the super low supply I have. I wouldn't even have guessed if it wasn't for the shivers and high fever. Maybe it was because I decided I'll pump once in 6 hours instead of every 4 to economize on time. The output remains the same in both cases anyways.
And now as I'm getting almost alright after this stupid illness my supply has dropped even lower than before. I think I won't even make it to the one year mark. :'(
Now all I can do is look at the few pics I have of you being super duper adorable cutie pie drinking mumma's mikkoo!
Even when you were tiny you loved holding mumma with both hands as you drank your mikkoo!
And then you would use mumma as a fluffy pillow and fall asleep with your arm on top of her boo-boo!
And of course most of the time you would fall asleep just holding mumma!
And as you got a bit bigger you would put your tiny feet up on the headboard like a real laatsaab! :D
And at other times you just got demanding - girebaan pe haath daal kar dhamkaane style! ;)
So then you had to be swaddled before you got your mikkoo mikkoo! :)
But you always drank slowly slowly and stopped for some time, then remembered you're supposed to be eating so continued! Especially with a little bit of prodding sometimes. :) In the beginning few weeks, you only ate when prodded. Rest of the time you slept, until of course I unlatched and then you proceeded to be wide awake!
And of course, as you grew bigger you started to multi-task i.e. your favorite activity of the week would be done while drinking mikkoo! Here you are trying to bring your feet to your mouth. :P








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.